Planning The Big Weekend 2018 has begun, find out how to get involved & what’s on!
After the wonderful feedback, sheer numbers of people and brilliant atmosphere at The Big Weekend 2016 we have decided to keep the framework very similar for 2018.
Each day will again be themed with Saturday 25th August being our Community day, where we invite all our local groups & clubs to have a stall and celebrate ( show off) what they do.
Sunday 26th August is for all local arts and crafts people, groups and businesses to demonstrate their skills and sell their wares.
Bank holiday Monday 27th August is our Sports Day when our local teams, dance troops and clubs come along showing off their skills, giving you ago and hopefully signing up some new members.
Please contact us at email@example.com to express your interest and book your stall/slot.(remember there is no charge to local businesses/clubs and charities).
Also if you would like to volunteer to help us (even if it’s just for an hour or 2), we need over 30 volunteers so please don’t think someone else will do it because we need you all, again please email the above address.
So what is happening so far for TBW 2018 ……..as details are confirmed/acts are booked we will let you all know.
New for 2018
- A morning Dog Walk
- Zorbs – bubble football, British bull dog and more…..
- Petting Farm will be joining us on the Monday
- Sunday night this year is Comedy Night!
- After the success of this years summer picnic, Spacegoat and Poppy Frances aka Helen Poppleton will be returning to play for this years Big Weekend picnic on the Sunday
- Live Music throughout the day Saturday
- BarFly – try and get yourselves stuck to our Velcro wall on the Saturday
Back by popular demand –
- The Donkey Rides will be here
- The ‘not your regular’ dog show is back
- Hungry Hippos is definitely making a come back
- The Sound Express Big Band will be back once again for the Saturday night sell out evening!
- Following the great success of their first performance The Potton Players will be back but this time …..There’s been a murder!
- The dog agility club will be returning
- Community & Clubs Stalls
- Craft Stalls
- The Climbing Wall will be with us on the Saturday and Sunday